Friday, January 8, 2016

National Championship preview

Over at SB Nation I've completed my preview of the National Championship game between Alabama and Clemson.

As good as Deshaun Watson and Clemson's offense is, it's hard to see them scoring a ton of points on this Tide defense which features their best pass-rush of the Saban era.

On the other hand, I'm no big believer in a simple Alabama offense guided by Jacob Coker teeing off on a talented, complex, and laser-guided Brent Venables defense either.

I see the game coming down to turnovers and it's hard to project how that could turn out. I'd like to bet against Coker trying to unlock the Clemson defense but Alabama QBs are generally exceptionally stingy with the football, especially in big games like this.

Lotta prognosticators are expecting Alabama to win in the 4th quarter after beating down Clemson with their run game...I see that as possible, but so are the chances of Clemson's pace allowing Watson to break loose late in the game.

It's probably going to be Alabama unless the Tigers can force some fumbles on sack/strips or on special teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment